Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jabreel from Jerusalem and Doner Kebabs

So I just got in from a trip to Don Quixote to put finishing touches on a Halloween costume and some guy fell on my ankle and Joe's foot.That is what I get for going to Roppongi late at night but really ever.We are not quite sure what happened he either was pushed,fell , or flew.But drunk people falling on you actually happens all the time so it is what it is.I went to Tokyo Tower today and it was cool even though I am scared of heights.I just needed to get out of the house but I think it was too serious of an undertaking for my almost well ankle. I tried on ankle boots which I want so bad but the foot is just too narrow.I'll keep trying.
The Tower was just an observatory really but a cool way to see the city and there is a restaurant on the special observatory that seems cool. I didn't noticed much cause I was to busy gettings talked by Japanese kids.First they would look at me and laugh hysterically and then when I would look they would giggle and run away(please keep in mind that I have my afro again). Then one of them asked me to take a group shot...I did it but it sucked.Then like 5 minutes later another one asked so I took their picture.Finally I am minding my business trying to figure out exactly where my neighborhood is and I see a flash.So I chase the kid down but he runs from me thinking he is in trouble.But I just ask him if he would like to take a picture of me (ya know instead of so rudely sneaking pictures of strangers).It actually turned into a picture with like ten kids .Then they all practiced their English .
I am going to miss being a celebrity and this isn't even me at my flyest.
We've all got costumes picked out and have a wild couple of days planned so I'll update you later.
The afro is a big hit.My friend Mo took out the twist and people keep commenting on it as they do.A dollar for anyone who can explain afro awe. I am so used to it now that I pre-empt questions and the dialogue goes something like this,

Person A:Your hair looks really cool.Did you do something different with your hair? I like your hair? There is toothpaste in your hair. You've got a little something in your hair.
And occasionally I'll just feel someone patting the back of my head and I just have to hope I know them.

Kim: Yeah thanks it just grows like this .I don't have to do anything to it...this is the natural curl pattern...yup it grows straight up... no my uncle has that gray streak to.Yeah it's part hereditary and part one awful highs cool relationship.Yeah it's kind of weird when people just walk up and touch your hair.

People are real lax with the comments.If you don't start commenting soon.I will stop writing after all I know what I've been doing.And hey how about a couple of emails about your life.

No comments: