Monday, October 8, 2007

Are these guys high?Maybe

Just got back from Kanazawa and the bullet train.Bullet train...not that cool.Just a train...all this hype and nothing.The bullet train on the way back was late..which boggles my mind.The whole reason you take the bullet train is to not be late. Kanazawa was cool.It's a mid-sized city on the western(?) side of Japan.I kept joking that it's like the Seattle of Japan cause it keeps raining there.We actually had really nice weather.Unfortunately people from other dorms were also there and they continue to amaze me with their stupidity. They are just so spoiled and over indulged that they can barely wipe their own ass.Can't follow directions and won't take personal responsibility.For them life is one big binge. They suck.But i had a good time with the other Akasaka folks and we had a really good time.I actually spent most of time with them and the Sensei .She was awesome and had so much energy.She reminded a lot of Hinako... just the faces she made and the way she talked.Those kids drove her to drink again..no joke. That was rough! And then cursed them out.Do you know how ignorant you have to be to get a Japanese person to curse you out?
We got to see a geisha workshop and that was really awesome.I wished that we had more time in Kanzawa because they had so many cool craft workshops. We did get to decorate our own chopsticks with gold leaf. I think because I am from a mid-sized city...I really prefer them and Kanazawa,rain aside, was just great.
I bought a bunch of Sake and Umeshu.Sensei helped me pick out the bottles after we did a tasting. Also how about Sensei charged Temple for dinner both nights...its a secret so don't tell anyone.
But I have decided to scale down my food budget so that I can travel more extensively in Japan.To be fair my food budget was not particularly husky to begin with.Also I am apparently headed to a military base this Saturday.I'll let you know how that goes.
Also you may have noticed that I stopped posting pictures.Does anyone care? I can start again if you really want me to.
Oh and those guys survived Mount Doom.Perhaps u didn't know they went but they did and Idris did not kill anyone.
So overall I had a really good weekend and am much better shape than when I started.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do like pics --- they help me remember what you look like.